A few keystrokes' worth of voting could snag $5,000 for the Market Square Farmers Market in a "Love Your Farmer's Market" contest sponsored by Care2.com. Here's the deal, numerically:
- 1 vote per person registered through the Care2 website (care2.com), made online
- $5,000 "Grand Award" for farmer's market receiving the most eligible votes
- Sept. 17, 11:59 p.m. voting deadline
- 4 "participation awards" for the next highest finishers, $3,000, $2,000 and two $1,000 prizes
- 3 weekly awards still available, $250 for a randomly selected market that received at least five votes by 11:59 p.m. Aug. 27 and Sept. 3, 10, and 17
- 3 Knoxville Market Square Farmer's Market ranking as of Tuesday Aug. 25, with 1,940 votes
- 4 major competitors for grand prize:
- 3,141 votes Flint Farmers' Market, Flint, Mich.
- 2,555 votes Carrboro Farmers' Market Carrboro, N.C.
- 1,940 votes Market Square Farmers' Market Knoxville
- 1,729 votes Fernandina Farmers Market Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- $50 cash and a Care2 tote bag will be awarded to the 10 participants who recruit the most fellow voters during the contest
- 4 ranking among recruiters for John Craig of Knoxville, with 265 friends recruited to vote for MSFM
Source: Care2.com Aug. 25, 2009