- check_out (2008-09) Published 2/28/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
The Cost of Cheap Stuff
Published 2/21/2008 at 6:51 p.m. 0 comments
I told my daughter I was going to check out Sam’s Club for this column, and she showed me a YouTube video, Harry Potter and the Dark Lord Waldemart, in which the evil Lord Waldemart shuts down every shop in ...
- check_out (2008-08) Published 2/21/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2008-07) Published 2/14/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
Back to the Snootville Kroger
Published 2/7/2008 at 11:29 p.m. 0 comments
Writing reviews of grocery stores is like reviewing people’s living rooms. There is something intimate about buying food. People go to a movie or out to eat two or three times a month maybe, and they might develop loyalties to ...
- check_out (2008-06) Published 2/7/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2008-05) Published 1/31/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
Looking East Out West
Published 1/24/2008 at 10:32 p.m. 0 comments
Astral convergence on Kingston Pike; wildly varying planes of reality intersecting in a small strip mall; one-stop shopping, in short, taken to the next level. Baron’s Place, located just a few blocks west of Bridgewater Road, has something for everyone.
- check_out (2008-04) Published 1/24/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2008-03) Published 1/17/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
A Tale of Two Krogers
Published 1/10/2008 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Seen one Kroger, seen them all? Not really, but the differences may not be apparent at first glance. To catch the distinctive essence that lurks behind the familiar façade and chain-store décor of, say, the South Knoxville branch, you need ...
- check_out (2008-02) Published 1/10/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2008-01) Published 1/3/2008 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2007-52) Published 12/27/2007 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
- check_out (2007-51) Published 12/20/2007 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments