A “without reserve” auction means “Villa Collina” at 5628 Lyons View Pike will sell to the highest bidder May 26, regardless of price. A few of the most intriguing numbers on the home and its auction:
• Villa Collina was previously listed for $21 million
• Comprising 36,000 square feet on 12 acres along the Tennessee River, the estate features Northern Italian terra-cotta tiles; Swarovski crystal, Venetian and antique chandeliers; Honduran mahogany; hand-painted tray, vaulted, and coffered ceilings; intricate mosaics; Turkish Afyon sugar marble and Sherle Wagner fixtures and hardware.
• Totaling 50 rooms, the estate also includes 2,600-square-foot wine cellar, two heated pools, 11 gas log fireplaces, an elevator that services all three floors, and a seven-car garage.
• A 2.4 percent commission is offered to the buyer’s representing broker.
• The auction will be conducted “live” on May 26, with phone and Internet bidding available.
• The property can be previewed daily between 1 and 4 p.m. by appointment. For more information, visit villavollinaauction.com.