Deadline for Sound Off Competition: Monday, Aug. 30

If you (and/or) your band want to get into the Square Room’s Sound Off competition, you’ve just got a few days left to submit your application. The deadline for submissions—a $20 application fee, a completed application form, and either hard copies or digital access to original music—is Monday, Aug. 30.

The winner of the contest, which takes place between October and March, will get a two-day recording session at Rock Snob studio, $400 worth of customized merch from Nouveau Graphics, airplay on WUTK 90.3 FM, and a CD release show at the Square Room.

Twenty-five bands will be selected for the competition. They’ll face off, five at a time, at monthly showcases on the first Wednesday of each month, with the winners of the first five rounds advancing to a final on March 2. The first round will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 6. Each band will perform two original songs and one cover. Crowd response will count for 30 percent of each score, with a panel of celebrity judges determining the remaining 70 percent.

Last year’s winner was the big R&B/funk ensemble Aftah Party.

For complete rules and an application, visit the Square Room website.

© 2010 MetroPulse. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments » 0

Be the first to post a comment!

Share your thoughts

Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.

Comments can be shared on Facebook and Yahoo!. Add both options by connecting your profiles.