Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
If you take away the negative feeling that is displayed in these posts you will find the common theme here:
1. Derby is a real sport, not meant to maim, kill, hurt, or damage anybody or anything. It is just as real as football, soccer, or rugby, minus the pay.
2. Girls do get hurt, but regardless of how, they come together and help each other mend and return to derby if possible. See this link if you don't believe in heart and the love of the sport and for fellow roller girls... http://www.helptequila.com/
3. Derby takes lots of time and dedication not only at bouts, and practices, but each and every day.
4. Violence is not tolerated at any time by any team.
5. Bouts are family friendly. No worse than prime time TV here.
6. Feminism may be at play here, but I think the better term is STRONG and DEDICATED women.
Lindsay, I do recommend that you attend a bout to see what we are talking about. A lot of times during bouts, the girls are pumped up and may talk some smack, but when the whistle blows at the end of the bout, they are all friends again.
Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.
Username * Don't have an account? Sign up for a new account
Password * Can't remember? Reset your password
Comments can be shared on
Add both options by connecting your profiles.